Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Next Dr. G?

I'm beginning to think my daughter will be the next Dr. G : Medical Examiner. If you don't know who Dr. G is, she is on Discovery Health and she is a local medical examiner. Her show consists of different autopsy cases and how these people died.


My daughter has always seemed to be fascinated with death. When I mean always, I mean that by the time she was 18 months old she would tell me, "mom, butterfly no move. butterfly dead." Stating it very factually. No sad child-like emotion. Just a very, it is what it is matter of factness. When our dog Torrance passed away a little over a year ago (putting Jo at 2.5) she wanted to know everything about it. What happened to him? Where was he? When we explained he was cremated (and explained what that was) she needed to see the ashes. She wanted to see them everyday. She told us fairly regularly (and also other people) that he was now "small and in a box". Again, no emotion behind it, just matter of fact.

We have not had anything die recently (thankfully of course), so now I find out that 2 days ago she told Dan, "I had a gold fish, he's dead now. My friend the munster had a gold fish, he's dead now too".

And then there's this picture from her picture blog. Seems innocent enough, except, see those two dinosaurs on the right of the picture lying down? Yep... they are sleeping alright... in death. She told Dan they are dead.

She is completely fascinated.... soooooooo I am just thinking positively and thinking that she will grow up to be a medical examiner and it will be useful that she is non-emotional about dead things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates